Since the coming into effect of the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 the firm has actively initiated and expanded its practice under the Act. The firm has actively engaged in dialogue with real estate developers, chartered accountants and architects with implications of provisions of the Act and Rules. The firm has been at the forefront in advising major real estate developers in Mumbai on registration of their projects with Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (“MahaRERA“) from the inception of RERA. The firm has extended its vast experience and knowledge of local laws and enactments with regard development such a Development Control Regulations, Slum Redevelopment, Redevelopment of Co-operative Housing, Redevelopment of Cess and Non Cess Structures, MHADA, etc., to services with regards to litigations that are exclusively covered under RERA.
The firm has first-hand experience in assisting several real estate developers register their ongoing projects at the inception of the Act and has an in-depth understanding of registration and compliance requirements of a real estate project registered with MahaRera, being the regulatory authority in Maharashtra. This specific knowledge also provides an edge while structuring transactions.
- Advising promoters on registration of their projects with MahaRERA and compliance related to RERA.
- Restructuring of legal documents from perspective of RERA.
- Advising on maintenance of project accounts as required under RERA.
- Advising on amendments and changes in existing projects registered with MahaRERA.
- Advising on transfer of a project to new promoter and compliance of procedure to change promoter of registered Projects.
- Advising on removal of promoter.
- Advising Allottees/unit purchasers about their rights under the RERA.
- Representing promoters before the RERA authority, appellate authority and High Court
- Representing Allottees/unit purchasers before the RERA authority, appellate authority and High Court